COVID-19 Update | 6.30.20: The Center for Orientation, Transitions & Leadership has moved our July events for new students and families to a virtual format. At this time, we are planning for all pre-orientation and Fall Orientation events, beginning in August, to proceed normally. Evolving information regarding COVID-19 may modify these plans. Please refer to our website for any updates later this summer.
Class of 2024: Thursday, Aug. 27 – Sunday, Aug. 30 AND Friday, Sept. 4 – Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020
Fall Transfer Students: Thursday, Aug. 27 – Sunday, Aug. 30, 2020
This program is required for ALL new students (resident and commuter), in addition to the summer Advising & Registration Days program.
During Fall Orientation, students will participate in:
- A Welcome Mass for new students and families (scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, Aug. 27)
- Workshops focused on co-curricular life, campus resources, academics, and transition issues
- Orientation Group discussions led by the Fall Orientation Staff
- Residence hall, transfer, and major-specific programming
- Social activities – both on- and off-campus
Those students living on-campus (and not already participating in any other pre-Orientation programming) will move into their residence halls the day Fall Orientation begins. Assigned times will be sent by the Office of Residence Life & Housing to students along with other move-in information during the first week of August. Upon arrival on Move-In Day, students should report directly to their residence hall for check-in. Check-in for Fall Orientation will take place in the Slavin Center throughout the morning and early afternoon. A full schedule of Orientation events will be provided to students at that time.