All Class of 2024 and fall transfer students are required to complete a series of online components prior to August 16:
Academic Integrity Tutorial
- The Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies has the responsibility for the academic monitoring and general advising of students from all disciplines. As part of this role, the Office works to help students understand how they can approach their studies with “academic integrity,” and how to avoid charges of academic misconduct. We have created an online tutorial, compiling important information to help students avoid making mistakes in their academic work which would put a damper on their enthusiasm for their studies.
- Online instructions available here
- Estimated completion time: 15-20 minutes
CliftonStrengths for Students
- This online assessment – and follow-up workshops – will help them learn more about their unique strengths and how best to utilize them in college and in future careers. Students: Don’t forget to print a copy of your “Insight Report” after completing the assessment, and to bring it back to campus with you this fall!
- Create an online account here – students should use their Friars email address to create their account
- Estimated completion time: 20-35 minutes
EVERFI AlcoholEDU, Sexual Assault Prevention, and Diversity & Inclusion Programs
- At PC, we are dedicated to setting students up for success as members of the community here and beyond. As such, we have partnered with EVERFI, a company whose mission is to help students address critical life skills at higher education institutions across the country. New students are expected to complete three online modules to help them make thoughtful, healthy and inclusive choices outside the classroom; reflect on their knowledge, attitudes, and experiences related to these issues; and support their peers and themselves when faced with tough situations.
- Completion of these THREE programs (AlcoholEDU, Sexual Assault Prevention and Diversity & Inclusion) is REQUIRED of every new incoming Providence College student, including transfer and commuter students. Students planning to live on campus must complete these trainings in order to move into their residence hall.
- Students will receive separate emails in early August with program instructions.
- Estimated completion time: 1.5 – 2 hours. You may take these programs in multiple sittings.
- At Providence College, we want to make sure that we can all recognize signs of distress and know what to say if a friend needs help. Kognito’s “At-Risk for Students” is an online simulation that lets you practice conversations with a virtual student, so you’ll know what to say in real life. You’ll learn how to determine when a friend needs help, how to talk with a friend who you’re worried about, and where you and your friend can turn to for help.
- Create an online account here – Create a new account using your Friars email and the enrollment key “providencestudents”
- Estimated completion time: 20-30 minutes