Pre-Orientation Programs & Retreats
At Providence College, there are a number of different Pre-Orientation programs and Fall Retreats for incoming students.
- FaithWorks Program: Sponsored by Campus Ministry, FaithWorks is a pre-orientation service-immersion program in Providence, R.I. for incoming freshmen at Providence College.
- Transitions Program: This pre-orientation program for multicultural and first-generation college students is intended to get students acclimated with all aspects of Providence College.
- Urban Action Program: Urban Action is a two part program which supports community service projects in the Providence community. The first part of the program is designed for first year students and takes place prior to Fall Orientation.
Fall Retreat Programs
- Connections Retreat: The Connections Retreat is Campus Ministry’s annual fall retreat for first-year students. Students spend a weekend having fun, growing in faith, and learning about life at PC.
- Horizons Retreat & Mentoring Program: The Horizons program supports multicultural students (freshmen to senior) in their matriculation through Providence College. Horizons programming includes a weekend retreat in the Fall semester, as well as a yearlong mentoring program between first year students and upper class students.
Additional Programs for Incoming Students and Their Families