Pre-Orientation Programs & Retreats
COVID-19 Update | 4.24.20: The Center for Orientation, Transitions & Leadership has moved our June and July events for new students and families to a virtual format. At this time, we are planning for all pre-orientation and Fall Orientation events, beginning in August, to proceed normally. Evolving information regarding COVID-19 may modify these plans. Please refer to our website for any updates this summer.
At Providence College, there are a number of different Pre-Orientation and Fall Retreat programs specifically designed for incoming students:
Pre-Orientation Programs (held immediately before Fall Orientation begins in August)
- FaithWorks: A service immersion program which enables new students to build community with peers, perform service work for vulnerable populations in Providence, and reflect on the significance of this work for their lives.
- International Student Welcome Program: A program that aims to help international students adjust to life on campus and in the United States.
- Transitions: An opportunity for multicultural and first-generation students to preview the campus, network with key faculty and staff members, and meet fellow multicultural classmates and student leaders.
- Urban Action: A two-part program, which involves community service projects in the Providence community both prior to and during the academic year.
Fall Retreat Programs
- Connections: Campus Ministry’s annual fall retreat for first-year students. Students spend a weekend off-campus having fun, growing in faith, and learning about life at PC from experienced student leaders.
- Horizons: Supports multicultural students of all class years in their matriculation through Providence College. Related programming includes a fall weekend retreat, and a yearlong mentoring program for first-year students.
Additional Programs for New Students and Their Families