Orientation at Providence College
Orientation is designed to introduce new students and families to life at Providence College, acquaint them with resources and involvement opportunities, and officially welcome them to the “Friar Family”.
Evolving information regarding COVID-19 may modify these plans. Please refer to our website for any updates later this summer.
Our summer and fall 2020 programming is broken into three parts – all required of new first-year and transfer students entering PC this fall – including First Days in Friartown events, Online Orientation modules, and Fall Orientation. For more information about each component listed above, as well as parent and family programming, please select from the menu items on the side or bottom of this web page.
Special Programs & Resources for New Students and/or Families
May/June 2020 To-Do List
- Review your Orientation mailing (sent home beginning mid-May)
- Register yourself and any family attending First Days in Friartown events
- Take your placement exams and surveys
- Complete your required forms
- Resident students: Complete your housing and roommate profile
- Depending on your class year – join the PC 2024, PC 2023, or PC 2022, groups on Facebook
- Follow @pcfriarlife on Instagram for new student info and contests all summer
July/August 2020 To-Do List
- Complete your additional online orientation requirements
- Email yourself or print a copy of your CliftonStrengths Insight Report
- Submit a photo for your PC Card
- Enroll a parent/guardian for e-bill notifications and CyberFriar proxy access as needed
- Review Move-In Day info
- Book a local hotel (if needed) before Move-In Day