Orientation at Providence College
COVID-19 Update | The COVID-19 pandemic will impact the Orientation program described below. We are currently planning on a hybrid program this fall – primarily online, with some small in-person meetings – beginning shortly after students move onto campus. All new students should expect further information about Fall Orientation by email in August.
Orientation is designed to introduce new students and families to life at Providence College, acquaint them with resources and involvement opportunities, and officially welcome them to the “Friar Family”.
Our summer and fall 2020 programming is broken into three parts – all required of new first-year and transfer students entering PC this fall – including First Days in Friartown events, Online Orientation modules, and Fall Orientation. For more information about each component listed above, as well as parent and family programming, please select from the menu items on the side or bottom of this web page.
Special Programs & Resources for New Students and/or Families
May/June 2020 To-Do List
- Review your Orientation mailing (sent home beginning mid-May)
- Register yourself and any family attending First Days in Friartown events
- Take your placement exams and surveys
- Complete your required forms
- Resident students: Complete your housing and roommate profile
- Depending on your class year – join the PC 2024, PC 2023, or PC 2022, groups on Facebook
- Follow @pcfriarlife on Instagram for new student info and contests all summer
July/August 2020 To-Do List
- Complete your additional online orientation requirements
- Email yourself or print a copy of your CliftonStrengths Insight Report
- Submit a photo for your PC Card
- Enroll a parent/guardian for e-bill notifications and CyberFriar proxy access as needed
- Review Move-In info
- Book a local hotel (if needed) before Move-In