Orientation at Providence College
Orientation is designed to introduce new students and families to life at Providence College, acquaint them with resources and involvement opportunities, and officially welcome them to the “Friar Family”. New Student Orientation is broken into two parts – both required for all new first-year and transfer students entering PC each fall.
- During assigned dates in June-August, ALL new students take part in an Advising and Registration Day program, during which they meet with an academic department representative to finalize their fall course schedule, learn more about resources available on campus, and begin building connections with peers. Programming specific to parents/guardians is also offered during these one-day sessions.
- In late August, ALL new students (first-year and transfer; commuter and resident) return to campus early for Fall Orientation programming. During Fall Orientation, students have the opportunity to connect and reconnect with peers, attend educational workshops, learn about the vast resources and involvement opportunities available at PC, and acclimate to life on-campus before the school year begins. Diverse social activities are also provided throughout the program. First-year students will take part in programming the weekend before and the weekend after classes begin. Transfer students will take part in programming the weekend before classes begin only.
- During their first year on campus, new students will also participate in various activities with their Orientation groups and residence hall floors.
Special Programs & Resources for New Students and/or Their Families
Tasks To Complete Before Your Advising & Registration Day
- Register yourself and any guests attending the program (more details to come about this in May!)
- Take your Placement Exams and Surveys
- Watch the two CyberFriar Video Tutorials
- Complete your required Forms
- Upload your PC ID photo
- Depending on your class year – join the PC 2023, PC 2022, or PC 2021 groups on Facebook
- Sign up for E-Bill Notifications